The Krixhjälters – Evilution

 



Ready for some old school raw thrash metal? Yes you are. Let me present The Krixhjälters for you. A Swedish thrash/hardcore outfit that roamed the earth back in the late 80’s and early 90’s. They released two albums and a bunch of ep’s between the years 1986 and 1989 and earned lots of respect in the underground scene at the time. Today grown men are crying of nostalgic happiness when you talk about the band, remembering the old times with bullet belts, tight black jeans and sneakers..

“Evilution” stands out as the crown of The Krixhjälters discography. Here you have a fully developed thrash metal sound with some nice crossover vibes. Think early Testament, Slayer and Suicidal Tendencies and throw in some Sacred Reich on the top and you get a hint of what we are talking about here. This is a 50 minute epic tale of war, evil, and general insanity in true thrash metal fashion. It’s a perfect mix of mosh music like “Imperial Leather” and “To Whom You Can Turn” and more melodic stuff like the punky “I” that nicely knits together the thrash metal with the ongoing second punk wave in Sweden at the time that the members of the band were also involved in. Crossover indeed. 

The band later changed their name to Omnitron in pursuit of international fame and fortune and released two more albums under that moniker.

But for now let’s enjoy The Krixhjälters at their headbanging best.

-The Void

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love them. The sound the basguitar in 'He Speaks" Their lyrics.."This is my party and I Die if I want to" .. "How can I even begin to explain the wast whith in my self, when every word I say should be a sentence and every feeling i express an exposion"..I have lp's and cd's. I have the ep "A Christmas carol". A omnitron t-shirt as well, the last one that the record company used as a dust cloth!! according to my ex that begd the company for one so she could give it to me.